Teaching at G2K is based on 5 week module system taught 5 days a week for 3 hours each morning or afternoon. Classes will have 5- 10 students and cover vocabulary, phonetics or reading and writing, speaking and listening each day. Assessments will be included on a weekly and end-of-module basis.
NEW Part-time classes have been changed to fit the schedule of busy people with various options available
Starting January 2017 the following part-time classes will be offered:
- Beginner – Level 1 & Level 2 (Survival Khmer with new vocabulary, grammar, speaking, listening and learning the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) for the Khmer letters – 1:30 – 5 pm, 2 times per week for 10 weeks. A total of 60 classroom hours.
- *Level 3 & 4 – Literacy – learn the alphabet, reading rules, sight words and beginning reading
- *Level 3 – New Language – speaking &listening
- *Level 4 – New Language – speaking & listening
- *Level 5 – Literacy – reading, grammar rules, new vocabulary and some speaking
- *Level 6 – Literacy – reading, grammar rules, new vocabulary and some speaking
- ±Electives for advanced Khmer speakers will be offered every 5 weeks, 2 hours, 2 times per week for 5 weeks. Class time 1:30 – 3:30 pm.
*Note: Level 3 & 4 Literacy, Level 3, 4 (New Language) & Level 5 & 6 (Literacy) will be 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm, 2 days every week for 10 weeks. A total of 40 classroom hours.
±Note: Electives require intermediate to advanced reading, writing and speaking Khmer. An assessment will be done prior to joining the class.