G2K offers 8 Levels of study through 3 main teaching options: Full-time, Part-time and Evening. Part-time and Evening classes allow added flexibility, with teaching on 2 afternoons or 2 evenings per week.
It is possible for students to move between Full-time, Part-time and Evening classes (when starting new Levels) as their work or life circumstances change.
Full-time (up to 3 hours every weekday, over 5 weeks – 75 teaching hours)
Part-time (up to 3 hours, twice per week, over 10 weeks – 60/ 40 teaching hours)
Evening (up to 2.25 hours, twice per week, over 10 weeks – 45/ 40 teaching hours)
We also offer a very popular short-course, running regularly throughout the year:
KickStart – Survival Khmer (25 teaching hours over 2 weeks)
- Levels 1 & 2: New vocabulary, grammar, speaking, listening and learning the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) for the Khmer letters
- Levels 3 & 4: New language (speaking & listening) and literacy (learn the alphabet, reading rules, sight words and beginning reading)
- Levels 5 & 6: New language (speaking & listening) and literacy (reading and grammar rules)
- Levels 7 & 8: New language (speaking & listening) and literacy (reading, writing and grammar rules)
- Basic Literacy: Learn the alphabet, reading rules, sight words and beginning reading. This course is suitable for people who speak Khmer at an intermediate level already, but wish to learn to read. This course aims to bring students to a point where they may join our Level 5 class.
- Electives: Available on a number of topics (evenings only), and require intermediate to advanced reading, writing and speaking Khmer. New students may require an assessment before joining – please ask for further details and our Electives schedule.